Google Tag Manager is a freeware released by Google to manage all the tags under single interface. You don’t want to add java script codes in order to integrate every single application with your website. It is just enough to add the Google Tag Manager codes in your website.
Google Analytics is also a freeware released by Google to track the traffic and ROI of your online advertising. If you are looking to integrate Google Analytics with your website through Google Tag Manager then follow the steps provided below.
Integrate Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
Before Integrating Google Analytics in a website through Google Tag manager, you must create tag manager account and a container in it. If you already create tag manager account you can ignore the below steps to create tag manager account.
Steps to Create Tag Manager Account
- Sign Up into Google Tag manager account using your Gmail Account.
- After opening the Google Tag Manager, you want to create an Account and a container inside the Account.
- Normally Google Tag Manager Account acts as the Main Classification. Under Each Account you can create container for each websites.
- Container Details is about your website. You can enter your domain name or else the domain URL for better understanding.
- After filling the details, click on create. “Google Tag Manager Terms of Service Agreement” Pop up will be shown. You must agree the terms by clicking on Yes to continue further.
- Now you can find the Google Tag Manager codes to be added in your website. If you didn’t find the Tag Manager Codes, just got to admin section and click on Install Google Tag Manager.
- You must integrate the codes as represented in the Google Tag Manager. (One code must be placed in Head section and other code must be add immediately after the body section).
Steps to Integrate Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager
- Go to Tags sections in your account under WORKSPACE in Google Tag Manager.
- Click on Add Tags and give some meaningful title for better understanding. (Example: “Google Analytics” for Google Analytics integration).
- Click inside the Tag Configuration, here you can see the list of tags listed. Click on Universal Google Analytics from that list.
- Choose “Page View” under Track type and Choose “New Variable” under Google Analytics Settings.
- Rename your Variable Title as something meaningful like “Analytics Code”.
- Under Tracking ID section, provide the tracking ID generated for the particular website in Google Analytics account.
- Click on Save. Make a click under Triggering Section, choose All pages (default trigger).
- After saving everything, click on Submit.
- To check the things, click on preview and open your website in new tab. You can see the Tag Manager preview in bottom of your website.